Sunday, March 8, 2009

Critique: Journey Project

This project interested me from the beginning because I had been trying to think of a way that I could use my photographs from Oxford to specifically recall the feelings and thoughts that I had during the everyday walks and conversations I experienced. When I displayed my work in class I thought the feedback was very helpful. The parallel journeys I created were a walk through Oxford from my flat to the dining hall and back again and the thoughts and associations that were going through my head at the time. When I first presented my project to the class it was still a work in progress. I wanted to incorporate music within my project, but I did not want it to be within rollovers. I took the suggestion from Pat and made a clear link on the first page (the closet) to "Sex on Fire" and a link on the last page (Ludacris and the red light district) to "Get Back" so the viewer could listen to a little bit of the songs or ignore them completely if they chose. It was just another element to my thoughts within the journey.

It was pointed out during the critique that the rollovers within the textural images of the actual walk had a comic book quality to them because they were recognizable shapes and blatantly stood out to the viewer that they could either move on with the walk or take a look at either what I associated the real life image with or what I was usually thinking about those moments in time. This is what I was going for. After the critique, I added more rollovers with images within the less textural pages that represented my thoughts. This created a more imaginative space.

No comments:

Post a Comment