Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Critique: Alternative Map Project

Link to Art 214 Website

Link to Alternative Map Project

I chose to map St. Mary's through music. I chose to create visual cubes of my room and my friends' rooms and incorporated music that we listen to in order to really get a sense of the space. I also chose to have Monty 25, practice rooms, and coffeehouse on the map in order to display all of the places that I perform at with my TNA (a cappella group) and Chamber singers. Finally, I have the point on the map because I associate a certain song with it and once more when that song is played with the visual cube it gives the space a certain feel and mood. I also incorporated the video in order to show the space in action. I wanted to do an overlay of sheet music which looks really interesting juxtaposed with the land and I used song lyrics to point out the places which I was calling attention to.

No comments:

Post a Comment